Happy 2009 to all! We did DIY Chinese food on New Year's Eve and it came out smashingly (or at least it was better than getting booted out of the Ritz.) Still, everyone was passed out by 10 so I rang in the new year trolling the Internets with a glass of prosecco. Like any other night. I noticed a trend popping up on some blogs called “25 things.” Posters were sharing 25 random truths or philosophies about themselves, mostly useless nuggets of information that are either little known or just south of strange. I thought it’d be a fun, albeit gratuitious exercise and I hope others will share in the comment section. Here are mine:
1. I spend most of my days screeching into and out of parking lots because even though I’m totally disorganized, I pride myself on being on time. “Punctuality is the courtesy of kings.”
2. I’m extremely claustrophobic. Wicked. I don’t even like wearing socks.
3. I’ve learned it’s just way easier to give Vito a sponge bath than a traditional tub.
4. I’ve contrived an elaborate survival plan for the coming apocalypse.
5. When I was six years old, I had a laundry basket tied off on the floor at the end of my bed. I called it my “dinghy” and used to sit in it and eat Oreos.
6. When I was in 2nd grade, my friend Danielle’s mother would call my mother every morning to ask if I was wearing socks or tights to school that day. It was only recently that I realized how strange that was.
7. I have freakishly long arms and huge feet for a 5’3” woman.
8. I don’t like cheese, except on pizza. And in a limited number of ricotta-stuffed pastas.
9. I love Nostradamus and all of his doomy quatrains. Armageddon Week on the History Channel. Shark Week on Discovery. And NatGeo’s “Seconds from Disaster.” I despise reality shows and famewhores. I miss going to the movies and especially walking to the Kendall from Charlestown with James on Saturdays.
10. For everything, everything, everything, everything!
11. Paul Westerberg once told me I smelled “really nice” in the parking lot of the Somerville Theatre and I almost fainted.
12. I’m a horrible driver.
13. I can play the piano poorly
14. I’ve seen U2 somewhere between 28-32 times.
15. I’m still bitter that Trish McEvoy #11 eau de parfum was discontinued (see #9).
16. I wish Death Cab for Cutie were not toddlers when I was in college. Their music would’ve provided some major catharsis for us ladies of the day.
17. I’m dying to go on a storm chasing vacation to tornado alley.
18. I feel helpless about my loved ones (and friends of loved ones) who are going through some terrible times right now.
19. My kids don’t flush the toilet, but they do swear often.
20. I’m not as easily impressed as you think I am. I’m usually just being nice.
21. I’m way too nice. I want to be less nice and more kind. There is a huge difference.
22. I love arguing but loathe confrontation.
23. Shabu Shabu anyone?
24. I don’t miss smoking as much as the camaraderie of it (Dreama)
25. Note to Tracy O: The next time we have a high school reunion, let’s go sledding with vodka instead.