07 August 2009

McCartney@Fenway


Why I love technology: James and I decided last minute that there was NO WAY we could miss Sir Paul at Fenway last night. We met up with our fellow throwbacks and pals, Chris and Paula, the only engineers-turned-cookie entrepreneurs who can speak in Beatles lyrics.



("LDT... ZZ")

On the way into town, I posted a status update on Facebook about going to the show:

"When the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me." McCartney@Fenway!

Seconds later, I received a text from BG: "In a cab on the way to Fenway. Meeting up with Haleys pre-Paul."

They'd also decided there was no way they could miss this show. Minutes earlier, none of us knew the others were going. Within moments, a party of four became a party of eight at Cambridge 1 around pizza and drinks.

(ladies)

During our spontaneous pre-show, we looked for tickets on Craig's List from our Blackberries and iPhones. Then there was an old fashioned scalping transaction on the sidewalk outside of Copperfield's.




(Paula and I)

Just an amazing show/evening all around. And everyone (especially James) was very, very thankful that Peter Wolf didn't jump on stage and “ruin everything.

This morning, I woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head and relived the entire "Hey Jude" singalong on YouTube.

I love technology. Technology is good.

2 comments:

Roving Lemon said...

Technology IS a wonderful thing (as I read this halfway around the world). But I love that you had to get your tickets the old-fashioned way: buying them off some shifty-looking guy on Brookline Ave.

lpd said...

Brownie experienced "LP's Dream Day" by seeing McCartney at Fenway on Thursday and drinking beers on Surfside Beach just 24 hours later.

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.

Looks (and sounds) like it was bitchin'. Glad you had a great night.