28 June 2005

Vito in Hot Pursuit


“It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity,” a jogger and I agree. We are standing in front of my house sweating our heads off, cursing the mugginess. The jogger is sweating because she’d been running along steadily before Vito bombed out of our front yard and began chasing her down the street. I’m sweating from chasing Vito. I was enjoying a spare 15 minutes of time ripping up weeds and didn't even know Vito had taken off. Then,I heard the jogger scream and turned to see her leaping onto the curb -- Vito in hot pursuit. Initially she thought Vito was a rabid raccoon or some other wild animal. “I didn’t know what it was. It was like he came out of nowhere,” she said. Now seeing Vito, panting heavily (sweating) and wagging his whole body, she laughs it off and jogs off into the mugginess. I start to head back to the house, but Vito -- exhausted from his 8 yard sprint -- won’t budge. So I carry him inside.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not so much the heat as the stupidity.

Three things cause me migraines; 1) the ever popular heat/humidity comment (no offense)
2) The word "unacceptable"
3) The Unicorn Song

sorry for the rant, I only started this comment to say I'm impressed you found a thin picture of Vito. (he's awesome)

KJ said...

don't you think Vito's lost a little weight since this photo was shot???
The head/humidity discussion was a nod to suburban small talk, right up there with elevator weather chit-chat.
The unicorn song makes me want to hang myself. Unacceptable is too subjective a word to have any meaning to anyone other than the idiot that uttered it. Right on, WMD (could be your new blogging handle)

Anonymous said...

lost me on the wmd?

I actually think Vito looks thinner in the picture. An aerial view is the one that cracks me up. He has no neck or discernable shoulders. Awesome...

The Unicorn Song and Segar's Take Those Old Records... can actually turn me into the hulk. Played back to back, it would be a like a blood sprinkler went off in the room.

KJ said...

wmd=Weapon of Mass Destruction..because you slay me.
Turning into the Hulk could be kind of entertaining for us....I'll at least get LP to repeat her "Having a good time? Good time Rock-n-roll ?" story..possibly even worse than the song itself.

Anonymous said...

eeeeeexcellent..... wmd out!

Anonymous said...

I do think Vito look thinner since this photo was taken. Undoubtedly from numerous bumrushes around your neighbors' yards. BTW, the worst song ever is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. All the pointing, jabbing and shouting that ensues when that song is played drives me mad. "Rhythm is Gonna Get You", "Get Outta My Dreams and Into My Car" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" are right in line. Oh, I could go on...