23 June 2006
Old Broads Out-the-House
Here's what happened when a few old broads decided to get out-the-house on a humid Thursday evening:
- They meet up for a quick bite at Burton's Grille at the Derby Street Shoppes.
- After dinner, they ask to have their picture taken by an extraordinarily short man -- graying and 50-ish -- who had been standing at the bar by himself most of the evening, looking lonely, and drinking straight vodka. They felt sorry for him, having noticed everyone he tried to speak with had shunned him mercilessly.
- Short man tries to take photo of old broads' chests but is discouraged by a neighboring diner.
- Instead, short man asks where the old broads a.k.a "the sorority sisters" went to college. They find it an odd question seeing as this man is clearly closer to an adult active community than a college campus.
- Nevertheless, the broads humor the teeny tiny man. "WSC," they say.
- Itty bitty man says, "Oh. Almost a real college"
- "Oh. And you're almost five feet tall," old broads say.
- Oh, SNAP! Take that, Linden Ponds.
MORAL: Never, never feel sorry for short old men alone in bars for they are alone for a reason.