Nothing wakes one up like a Red Bull and a pop quizilla. The Pointy Universe will feature these random 5-question brainers from time-to-time. Feel free to post your answers in the comments...or not.
1) Why did Theo really leave? We'll probably never know the real reason. But it's much easier to stay true to your principles and believe in your future success when you have as many options as Theo has. If we walked away from our "dream jobs" the day we discovered we were smarter than our bosses, we'd simply be unemployed idiots, not visionary renegades. It helps to be rich, brilliant and hot, hot, hot when you're seeking higher purpose and meaning. The only thing I'm seeking is a moment in the day to take a shower.
2) FAKE WORD OF THE DAY: MAKE UP A DEFINITION
blumple (n.) - The pumpkin gut residue left behind on my front stairs by pillaging raccoons.
3) Who is Scooter Libby? VP Cheney's Chief of Staff who was indicted on obstruction of justice and perjury charges last week in the CIA leak scandal. Also bears an odd resemblance to one of the sous chefs at Panera Bread in Hingham.
4) What was the last song you had trapped in your head? Last time La Luna, I light my torch and wave it for the NEW MOON ON MONDAY, and a firedance through the night.... O-oh, it'still there.
5) Name a celebrity you've been told you resemble. A woman at Mike Drinan's wedding told me I looked like Calista Flockhart. While I loathe the bird-skinny Calista, I guess it's an improvement over the last celebrity I was told I resemble: Tracey Ullman.