30 September 2005

Cream Shop Friday: Time Flies When You're World Champs

I cannot believe it's been a whole year since last year's Sox/Yanks series.

It's been a whole year since my adrenaline enabled me to hold Vito aloft and march in a victory circle.

It's been a whole year since Jamie and Scott Cyr sat behind the Yankees' on-deck circle and SAC heckled the players, garnering Hideki Matsui's attention with the now infamous barb: "HEY! Check that bat for soy sauce."


(photo: "I will club you with my soy-sauced bat and roll you up in seaweed, Scott Cyr.")

There is a restlessness that comes along with a Sox/Yanks series. I feel like I have to moor myself to a piece of furniture, afraid I may float up in the air and be pulled toward Fenway by the sheer excitement of it all. Fenway is, at least through Monday, the center of the Universe. Monday, the center will shift slightly east to the Garden when U2 arrives in town. GO SOX!

Cream Shop Friday is a feature on this blog detailing the biggest distraction of the week.

No comments: