15 November 2006

Norwellians


I've been putting off posting this news because I've been way too excited and was afraid my enthusiasm would cause the fates to take it all back: "Ha! It was too good to be true. They've changed their minds." While I've tried -- and failed miserably -- to temper my zeal these past few weeks.. lo and behold...IT IS ON. The Dell'Olios are set to close on their beautiful new home in Norwell this Friday -- a mere 1.8 miles down the road. Now I am free to indulge my suburban fantasies: Dell'Olio dinner parties. Shows at the Company Theatre and Truckload Meat Sales at the Assinippi General Store. Sipping vino on their back deck or sun porch, surrounded by lush arborvitaes and other mature plantings. But most of all, reveling in the exquisite proximity of good friends. One by one, we're slowly taking over. Come on down!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This talk about mature plantings has got me all exicted. Congratulations - it couldn't happen to a nicer couple!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww yeeeeah.

I've had mixed feelings about leaving The City, with all its nostalgia and grand times shared with pals. However...a 40 minute search for a parking spot last night -- and subsequent fit of tears and punches to my steering wheel -- turned things around for me. Driveway, here we come!

Come and knock on our door -- we'll be waiting for you. There shall be a guest room and sofa bed and ALWAYS vittles and vino! A new yard for pals' kids & dogs to frolick in. Orange Julius is just a mile away at the Hanover Mall and there are THREE Italian specialty food stores that WMD is drooling over.

And...there's a driveway.

To our city posse, be forewarned that I'll ALWAYS have my aero bed in my trunk and plan to crash on your floors often!

Anonymous said...

Thanks KJ, you're welcome to sip vino on the back deck, you'll have to build the deck but you're welcome to sip wine on it.

KJ said...

Did I hallucinate a deck? I have the damn CD-Rom too. I'll just bring a sandchair.

While this move leaves us without a Dell'Olio "guest room" to crash in the city, there is always the Downey & Brownie show. (more about that later).

BAGS said...

Dealios, welcome to the fold. Nice to have really great friends in close proximity. It gives The Bags another excuse for drinking excessively on school nights. Great area, you're going to love living here. (I guarantee it.)

2 bits of knowledge you'll need to successfully live on the south shore:
1) All restaurants and stores are on holiday schedules, Noon - 6 PM, except Sundays when they're closed.

2) Make sure you get to the Assinippi General Store before Paulie Jackson. They're still restocking the aisles and bins from his last visit.

Anonymous said...

KJ - while it's not exactly the city and is in close proximity to other notable sites you are always welcome at the "Coleridge Arms" in East Boston.

KJ said...

JAL- I look forward to that...and perhaps a Furio sighting.

Anonymous said...

There is always a spare room on Shawmut Ave in the South End for emergency 'can't drive home' evenings!

Congratulations on the new digs....